(Question Paper Pattern) Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) - 2017
(Question Paper Pattern) Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- This examination consists of two parts: Part I and Part II. Part I
has three sections A, B and C with 24, 21 and 27 questions respectively,
i.e. a total of 72 questions. The three sections of Part I are followed by
Part II with 25 GK questions and an essay. If there is a problem with your
test booklet, inform the invigilator/supervisor immediately and get a
- Do not seek clarification on any item in the test booklet from the
test invigilator or the centre supervisor. Use your best judgment.
- The time for completing the three sections and general knowledge is
210 minutes. You are expected to answer the first three sections in 170
minutes and General Knowledge QUESTIONS in 35 minutes. Aim at securing
maximum scores in each section. General Knowledge marks would be used only
for the final selection and not for shortlisting candidates for interview/GD.
- All questions carry EQUAL marks. ONE FOURTH OF A MARK may be deducted
for each incorrect answer.
- Leaving a question UNATTEMPTED may result in a DEDUCTION OF 0.05 MARK.
However, this deduction will not apply for a MAXIMUM OF 12 UNATTEMPTED
QUESTIONS. The negative marks for UNATTEMPTED QUESTIONS shall be deducted
proportionately across the three sections.
- Each question has five alternatives. Answer each question by darkening
the appropriate bubble against the question number on the answer sheet. For
example, if your answer to question number 1 is ‘B’, completely darken the
bubble ‘B’ against the question.
- Mark all your answers only on the (OMR) answer sheet. Use the margin in
the test booklet for rough work. No other piece of paper is permitted for
- Use only BLUE OR BLACK BALL-POINT PEN for marking answers on the OMR
answer sheet. Do not use gel pens or ink pens.
- Failure to follow instructions and examination norms will lead to