(Tips) Tips To improve your IELTS Performance
Tips To improve your IELTS Performance
- Read instructions carefully, don’t just glance at them. They are not
always the same as in practise or previous tests.
- Often the speaker will give you an answer and then correct
themselves-watch out for this. It’s a common trick.
- Try and anticipate what the speaker will say. This requires
concentration-easy in your own language, but more difficult in English.
- Remember if you want a high score you should aim to get all questions in
parts one and two correct. Don’t make any careless mistakes in the easier
- Although there are not that many IELTS books on the market other
Cambridge exam preparation materials can provide valuable practise such as
FCE and CAE preparation books.
- Small errors can lead to low score such as spelling, omitting 's' or
- Don’t panic if you think the topic is too difficult or the speaker is
too fast. Relax and tune in.
- Read, write and listen at the same time. Tricky but practise!!
- Don’t leave blanks, you might as well guess you won’t be penalised.