Vinod Gupta School of Management, Kharagpur
1. Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM) uses CAT
for short-listing candidates for its MBA programme. IIMs have no role either in
the selection process or in the conduct of the programme.
2. The CAT advertisement came out on August 7th 2011.
3. VGSOM advertisement on Admissions to 2012-2014 MBA
Programme would be released on August 17th 2011 in the leading newspapers.
4. VGSOM e-Brochure on 2012-2014 MBA Admissions.
5. The following are the guidelines pertaining to
2012-2014 MBA Admissions-
A candidate who has either secured or is likely to secure a
first class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a first class
Master’s degree in Science (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor’s level)
or a first class Master’s degree in Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or
Statistics at Bachelor’s level) is eligible for admission. Selection will be
based on application rating, performance in CAT for domestic students and GMAT
for international students, and candidate’s performance in group discussion and
personal interview. Post-qualification work experience in industrial
organizations will be given due consideration. The School follows Government of
India norms regarding eligibility and reservation of seats for qualified
Scheduled Caste/Tribe candidates, Other Backward Classes and Persons with
6. Domestic candidates seeking admission to the MBA
Programme of VGSOM must complete the following procedures: