All India Management Association
(Notification) Management Aptitude Test (MAT) 2016 Exam
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardised test being administered
since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for
admission to MBA and allied programmes. Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD approved
MAT as a national level test in 2003. Any B-School - national or international -
can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to
the candidates. The largest test of its kind in the nation, MAT will continue to
be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
The aspirants applying for the test must meet the following eligibility
i) They must have a graduation degree passed in any discipline.
ii) The candidates pursuing their final year of graduation are also eligible to
iii) There is no age limit prescribed.
iv) Work experience is also not necessarily required.
Mode of Test:
Candidate can choose any ONE of the two options to take the test:
- i) Paper Based Test
- ii) Computer Based Test
Before applying for any exam, the candidates must be familiar with the
syllabus. If the candidates are familiar with the syllabus and the pattern then,
preparing and cracking the exam will be a lot easier. The syllabus for MAT
September 2016 includes 5 sections of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and each
correct answer contains will add +5 marks. There is a total of 5 sections and
every section has 40 questions each. The various sections are as follows:
1. Language Comprehension
2. Mathematical Skill
3. Data Analysis and Sufficiency
4. General Intelligence and Critical reasoning
5. Indian and Global Environment
||Name of Section
||No. of questions
||Time Suggested (Minutes)
||Data Analysis and Sufficiency
||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
||Indian and Global Environment
The candidates scoring the required cutoff will be eligible to appear for the
pre-admission processes of the Participating Institutes. The candidates must
note that the selection procedure will vary with the Institutes. However, most
Management Institutions will conduct Group Discussions (GD), Personal Interview
(PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT). The WAT is one of the important rounds
where the candidate’s thought process and written ability is tested.
Application Fee :
The candidates belonging to any category are required to pay an application
fee of Rs. 1200/- and it can be paid using any of the available modes.
How To Apply:
1. Access the above-mentioned link so that you can reach to the destination
2. There you will find an application form related link.
3. Click to open it.
4. Read the given instructions very carefully and click on “continue”.
5. MAT September 2016 Application Form will be loaded on your computer screen.
6. Fill all the details in the application form like:
ix.Year of passing
x.Mode of exam (computer based or paper based)
xi.Language of exam
7. Verify the entered details and click for final submission of the Application
Form of MAT MBA Exam.
8. Now it’s the time to upload your photo and signature. Both, photo and
signature as required must then be uploaded (in appropriate size & format).
9. Next the candidates will have to make payment of MAT registration fee.
10. The fee can be paid in both online as well as offline mode as per your
convenience. The payment modes in detail have been explained above in the
11. With payment of the fee, MAT September 2016 Registration will conclude. The
candidates can then download the confirmation page and keep it secure.
- Last Date to Register : 23 August 2016
- Release of Admit Card On or after : 27 August 2016
- Offline Based MAT September : 04 September 2016
- Online Based MAT September : 10 September 2016