ICICI Bank PO Sample Paper: Verbal/Numerical Comprehension
Directions: Read the given passage and
answer the questions that follow.
On clear moonless evenings when it is completely dark, you can sometimes see a
faint glow from the horizon. It is called the zodiacal light as it runs along
the zodiac, the constellation through which the planets appear to travel. This
glow is sunlight, reflected off dust particles in the solar system it is
brightest near the sun, so it is best visible after sunset or before dawn, when
the sun is just far enough below the horizon to leave the sky completely dark.
1. According to this passage the zodiac is a________
- Collection of sun signs
2. The zodiacal light can be seen only on_____
- Moonless nights
- Starry Nights
- Moonless evenings
- Alternate days
Directions: Choose the best word from the
given options to complete the sentence.
1. Passing gravy through a ________removes lumps.
2. The politician’s poor behaviour was overlooked because of his ________.
3. The latest novel in the series opened with a _________ of the previous
4. Salt is a __________ ingredient in the preparation of any type of food.